- Teacher Websites
- Activities & Clubs
- California Career Zone
- EDUHSD Career Website
- Health Services/Hotlines
- Student Store
- Ponderosa Student Handbook
- EDUHSD Student Handbook
Dress Standards for Semi-Formal Dances
If there are any questions, consult Administration prior to the day of the event.
Ponderosa High School
Dress Standards for Semi-formal Dances.
Anyone not conforming to dress standards or dance procedures and general guidelines will not be admitted and no refund will be issued. If there are any questions, contact Administration prior to the day of the event.
Please keep in mind that this is a semi-formal event. Please dress accordingly.
- Dress pants or khakis
- Button-up shirt with collar
- Ties, vest and suspenders allowed – must be in good taste
- Dresses, in good taste and appropriate for a semi-formal event
- Dress length must be mid-thigh length or longer. Dresses that require stretching down to be appropriate length are unacceptable. A good measure is the dress must be at least fingertip length when your arms are at your side with shoulders relaxed.
- Backless may not go beyond center back line, no lower than the waist, no cut-outs exposing skin from the back or side view.
- Entire front midriff must be covered – no see through fabric. No kerchief style tops.
- No plunging neckline – no extreme cleavage
- Students wearing hats, jeans, or t-shirts will NOT be admitted
- Dress shoes or appropriate dress athletic shoes – shoes will be removed at the dance.
Dance Procedures and General Guidelines
Your ID/ASB card is your ticket! Don’t forget to bring it to the dance!
Photo ID (ASB or ID) is required by all students. Guests must bring their signed guest pass and current school ID card or Driver’s License if graduated.
Students must arrive prior to 8:30 pm
If student knows they need to arrive later than 8:30 pm, it must be pre-approved by an administrator before the day of the dance.
All guests must enter the dance through the large gym main entrance.
NO back to front dancing. You must face your partner at all times.
NO wrapping legs around another person
NO grinding, touching or rubbing another person in a distasteful manner
NO moshing or body surfing at any time
NO glow-stick mouth wafers allowed (choking hazard)