We are so proud of the accomplishments of the Class of 2020! We are working hard to ensure a well-deserved recognition and celebration of your high school graduation.
We have reviewed the results of the senior survey and have formed a graduation committee with the goal of developing plans to honor the Class of 2020 which includes a delayed summer graduation ceremony. In order to accomplish this, under the current COVID-19 situation, our school closures, and the stay-at-home orders we are developing and supporting of the following opportunities:
1) Celebration Car Parade to Campus, May 29, 2020: This is a parent-driven event of which we are in full support. Complete details are on the school website: Bruin@eduhsd.net. Essentially, students/families will decorate their car and parade along a designated route starting at a location in Cameron Park, which includes a drive-through the Ponderosa student parking lot, with a 4pm start time. Teachers, staff, and community members may line the campus and cheer on and celebrate the class of 2020. A videographer will capture the moment for social media posting.
2) Video tributes: ASB is creating a video tribute to the Class of 2020. A video link will be made available as a keepsake for senior students and their families.
3) Summer Graduation Ceremony: We, like many school districts in our area, are watching closely to see if public health recommends gathering in large groups this summer. If permissible, per State and County regulations, we are creating two plans for hosting some version of a graduation recognition ceremony.
• Plan A: Friday evening formal ceremony, with student speeches, at the Bruin Stadium, July 24, 2020. Details are being developed about who can attend to support social distancing. Live-streaming is being considered for those unable to attend.
• Plan B: If we are unable to hold the formal ceremony in the stadium, we will promote a car parade instead, same day, July 24, 2020, which will include the opportunity for students to get out of their vehicle and take a photo in the cap and gown with a diploma cover while having their name read on the loud speaker. Student speeches would be pre-recorded.
Please keep in mind that some members of our student body and our community are more at risk than others. Our goal is to guarantee the health and safety of our students, our families, and our community.
*All graduating seniors may pick-up their official diploma and cover any time after May 29, 2020, in the Counseling Office, Monday-Thursday, June 1-4, from 10am-2pm.
All of our graduates over the years are important to us, but the Class of 2020 will hold a special place in local and world history, and in our hearts forever!